Yesterday, I actually sat down and planned out a week of menu ideas. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to hit the grocery store until today. Still, here is my first vegan dish. I thought it was very tasty! Jeff enjoyed it, too, but I didn't realize that he doesn't care much for pasta salads. Oh well, more for me! :-)
- 8 oz rotini
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 roma tomato, diced
- 2 radishes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Annie's Natural Goddess dressing
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook rotini according to package. Drain well and rinse with cool water. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. While pasta is cooking, prep vegetables. Add all the vegetables to the cooked pasta. Drizzle with 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of dressing and toss gently to combine.
*Recipe adapted from Garden Rotini and Chickpea Salad with Inner Goddess Dressing. Vegan on the Cheap. pg. 85.