Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Super Easy Beans and Rice

This has quickly become one of the easiest stand-by dinners. It's quick and painless for those nights when I just do not feel like cooking or making dinner. Plus, it's beans and rice. It's got to be better for us than frozen pizza, right?

Serves 3

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Bush's Grillin' Beans Black Bean Fiesta
  • 1/2 c Rice - I've used both white and brown rice.
Black Bean Fiesta

Directions:
1. Cook rice according to package directions.

2. Warm beans up in a saucepan.

3. Add cooked rice to beans and stir until well mixed.
 Super Easy Beans and Rice
Sometimes I might add a little salt, pepper, and/or a dash or two of tabasco, to liven it up a little more, but it's great all on its own, too.

This would probably be great served with a salad and/or tortillas to round out the meal a little more. We usually just have this and then something for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. That was quick! Thanks! I will definitely make this. I am going to overnights March 1. I need something that is simple to make during the day, and I can reheat when I am working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is really tasty reheated the next day. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails