I tried looking for a good recipe to use, but nothing was jumping out at me, so I decided to do a little experimenting. This is NOT something I usually do.
Feeling a little daring, I put the beans in some fresh water, put it on to boil, and started grabbing cans from my cupboard.
Here's the end result:
Oh So Simple Bean Soup
- 1-15.25oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-10.75oz can cheddar cheese soup + 1 can of water
- 1-15oz can of crushed tomato + 1 can of water
- 1-15oz can of tomato sauce + 1 can of water
- 1-15oz can of chili beans
- 1-15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb of dried white beans, soaked and cooked
- 1/4 cup of Wahoo! Chili (Tastefully Simple)
- 1 1/2 T Garlic Garlic (Tastefully Simple)
- 1/4 c minced onion
- 1 T salt
- 1 tsp basil
Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Simmer for at least 30 minutes until hot and flavorful.
I topped this with Texas Toast(R) Cheese & Garlic croutons. Yummy!