Friday, November 13, 2009

Cinnamon-Blueberry Muffins

I love muffins for breakfast! Or lunch or a snack... I was really in a mood for some yesterday, so I found a recipe for some blueberry muffins in my KitchenAid cookbook. I didn't have the specific ingredients, so here is my slightly altered recipe. I thought these muffins were super tasty, but Jeff didn't much care for them. I think it was the cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on top. Too messy. I think next time I try these, I'll just add cinnamon to the batter and bake it in rather than sprinkle it on top.

Click here for Printable Recipe
I made a half batch of muffins, so only one egg is shown in picture
Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 T butter, melted, divided
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup plus 2 T sugar, divided
  • 2 T baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen), rinsed, drained
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously grease 24 muffin tins.

Combine eggs, milk, and 1/2 cup melted butter in mixer bowl. Using flat beater, mix until well combined, about 30 seconds.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and orange peel.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix just until combined, about 15 seconds.
Add blueberries and stir just until blueberries are incorporated, about 15 seconds.
Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake at 400°F for 24 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean.

Combine remaining 2 T sugar with cinnamon in small bowl; blend well. Brush tops of warm muffins with remaining 1 T melted butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm.

Yield: 24 muffins.
Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens | Cinnamon-Blueberry Muffins

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious! I especially love how the grated orange peel sounds. What a great combination of flavors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails