Banana Oatmeal Cookies III
Submitted by: JoAnn Bork Rated: 4 out of 5 by 12 members
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes Yields: 36 servings
"These are delicious moist cookies which freeze very well and a great way to use those overripe bananas."
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in shortening until almost no lumps remain. Stir in the egg and bananas; mix well. Finally, stir in the oats and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are browned. Remove from pans immediately to cool on wire racks.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2005 Allrecipes.com
Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/23/2006