Friday, November 30, 2012

A Little Bit Healthy, A Little Bit Sneaky Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I was uber-blog surfing yesterday. 
I would comment on a blog, and then go visit the blog of the person who commented just before me. Leave a comment, visit previous commenter, and on and on and on. It was lots of fun! I stumbled upon a lot of fun running blogs and a LOT of What I Ate Wednesdays (WIAW) posts. Like I said, lots of fun!

In my meanderings, I stumbled upon the blog Eat. Move. Balance. 
Eat whole foods. Move every day. Balance your life. 
Sounds like a great mantra/motto. In exploring that site a little, I found this recipe for some sneaky cookie bars. They sounded so good that I couldn't wait to give them a try! I didn't have all the ingredients, so I had to make a few modifications.

These turned out so delicious! In fact, even Jeff said he liked them. Yes, the entire pan was completely gone in less than 24 hours. Oops!

A Little Bit Healthy, A Little Bit Sneaky Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
vegan chocolate chip cookie bars
Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup (or 1/2 15.5oz can) chickpeas
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used ones that were dairy, nut and soy free)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan.
  2. Combine the oats, flour, chickpeas, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a food processor. Process until fine.
  3. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the applesauce, vanilla, and sugar. Stir until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Pour into prepared pan, making sure dough is evenly distributed.
  5. Bakes for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into delicious squares.
vegan chocolate chip cookie bars

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails