Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Banana Bread

I made this banana bread over a month ago. I'm not sure where I found the original recipe, but I modified it to make it vegan. I pretty much ate the entire loaf. Oops!
Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens | Banana Bread (vegan)
Banana Bread
Yield: 1 9-inch loaf

Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 T vital wheat gluten
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Truth be told, I think I should have baked this a bit longer than I did. It was what you might call very moist. :D  I still thought it was very good, and since there are no eggs, I wasn't worried that it was a little under-baked.

Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens | Banana Bread (vegan)
Delicious with a glass of almond milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails