Monday, March 4, 2013

Pasta with Chickpeas and Garlic Sauce

I got really excited when this recipe appeared in my Inbox. It looked soooo gooood! And sounded even better. I finally got around to actually making it on Valentine's Day. Something about V-day always screams pasta to me. I don't know why.

This dish turned out to be so flavorful! I loved it!! Jeff, however, didn't care for the texture. :(


Pasta with Chickpeas and Garlic Sauce
Yield: 4 cups

Ingredients
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 1 (15.5oz) can chickpeas, drained
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 roma tomato, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan

Directions
  1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add crushed garlic; saute 1 minute. Add salt, pepper, chickpeas, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
  2. While garlic mixture simmers, cook pasta in boiling water 9 minutes, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
  3. Place chickpea mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth. Combine chickpea mixture, pasta, tomatoes, minced garlic, and parsley; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Like I already mentioned I really loved the flavor of this dish! I didn't mind the texture either. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I bet there'd be a perfect wine for this, too. :)

NOTE: I only have a small 3-cup Kitchen-aid food processor (like the one below, except in red). Unfortunately, it doesn't seal very well, so I kinda, sorta, maybe made a pretty huge mess. I'd probably recommend using something bigger. Or at least something that seals better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails