This dish turned out to be so flavorful! I loved it!! Jeff, however, didn't care for the texture. :(
Pasta with Chickpeas and Garlic SauceYield: 4 cups
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 (15.5oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add crushed garlic; saute 1 minute. Add salt, pepper, chickpeas, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- While garlic mixture simmers, cook pasta in boiling water 9 minutes, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- Place chickpea mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth. Combine chickpea mixture, pasta, tomatoes, minced garlic, and parsley; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
NOTE: I only have a small 3-cup Kitchen-aid food processor (like the one below, except in red). Unfortunately, it doesn't seal very well, so I kinda, sorta, maybe made a pretty huge mess. I'd probably recommend using something bigger. Or at least something that seals better.