I wasn't sure what to make for dinner last night, when I was suddenly struck with inspiration! I mentioned to Jeff what I'd concocted in my head driving home, and he was totally game.
And the Tomato & Bean Crostinis were born.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15-20 min
Total time: 30 min
Yield: 2 servings (or more if served as appetizers)
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- vegan cheezee sauce
- french bread, sliced
- shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. Stir together tomatoes, beans, and spices. Set aside.
2. Spread vegan cheezee sauce on sliced bread.
3. Spoon bean mixture onto bread.
4. Bake in toaster oven for 15-20 minutes, until bread is toasted around the edges. If adding shredded cheese, sprinkle over bean mixture in the last few minutes of baking.
To keep these vegan, simply leave off the mozzarella cheese or use a vegan shredded cheese substitute.
These seriously turned out so good!
Other ways to follow us:
Facebook → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens
Pinterest → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens board