Friday, July 5, 2013

Bean 'n Mushroom Enchiladas

I wanted to try the recipe for enchiladas on the back of my package of shredded cheese. I'd been meaning to try this recipe for awhile, but by the time I got around to it, the cheese was gone and the new package had a different recipe.

I had to improvise.

So I  decided to do a little fridge clean-out. I found beans, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, and chipotle chiles that needed to be consumed. Add a couple other ingredients and the Bean 'n Mushroom Enchiladas were born.



Jeff is not a big fan of mushrooms (neither am I, really) so I was nervous that he wouldn't like this, but he surprised me by saying they were very good. I don't think I ever told him there were mushrooms in there. Shhh... It will be our little secret.

Bean 'n Mushroom Enchiladas

Cleaning out the fridge with a delicious enchilada recipe.

Serves 3
Preparation time: 10min
Total time: 30min

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
  • 1 1/2 cup beans, cooked, rinsed, drained (about 1 can)
  • 3 white mushrooms, chopped
  • 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), chopped
  • 10-oz can enchilada sauce
  • 6 small tortillas

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
  2. Mix together 1 cup cheese, beans, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, and chiles.
  3. Place large spoonful of bean mixture onto a tortilla. Roll and place seam side down into prepared pan. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
  4. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas, making sure all tortillas are covered. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
  5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cheese in melted.
  6. Serve topped with sour cream.



Other ways to follow us:
Facebook → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens
Pinterest → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens board

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails