I had to improvise.
So I decided to do a little fridge clean-out. I found beans, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, and chipotle chiles that needed to be consumed. Add a couple other ingredients and the Bean 'n Mushroom Enchiladas were born.
Jeff is not a big fan of mushrooms (neither am I, really) so I was nervous that he wouldn't like this, but he surprised me by saying they were very good. I don't think I ever told him there were mushrooms in there. Shhh... It will be our little secret.
Bean 'n Mushroom Enchiladas
Cleaning out the fridge with a delicious enchilada recipe.
Preparation time: 10min
Total time: 30min
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cup beans, cooked, rinsed, drained (about 1 can)
- 3 white mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), chopped
- 10-oz can enchilada sauce
- 6 small tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together 1 cup cheese, beans, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, and chiles.
- Place large spoonful of bean mixture onto a tortilla. Roll and place seam side down into prepared pan. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas, making sure all tortillas are covered. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cheese in melted.
- Serve topped with sour cream.
Other ways to follow us:
Facebook → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens
Pinterest → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens board