Tuesday, May 14, 2013

SW Bean Burgers

Yes, I'm still here. And yes, I even still spend a little time in the kitchen. Though not nearly as much as I'd like.

Tonight, I made the most delicious bean burgers. I was slightly inspired by this recipe, but I changed so much of it, that I'm totally going to call it my own!

These are quite possibly the BEST bean burgers I've never made (or enjoyed!). And super easy to make as well.



SW Bean Burger
Yield: 4 burgers

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups beans, drained & rinsed (approximately 1 can)
  • 2 T prepared salsa
  • 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
  • 1/3 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
  • Toppings spinach, tomato slices, salsa, sour cream

Directions
  1. Puree beans in a food processor. Remove one chile from can. Reserve remaining adobo sauce and chiles for another use. Cut chile into a few large chunks. Add salsa and chile to beans. Pulse until thoroughly mixed.
  2. Add bread crumbs and shredded cheese until the right consistency to be able to form mixture into patties. The above amounts are estimates, as I did not measure these ingredients. Form bean mixture into 4 patties.
  3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 4 minutes on each side or until done.
  4. Toast buns. Place spinach on bottom bun. Top with tomato slices, patty, salsa, sour cream, and bun top.

Bean burgers are generally hit or miss with Jeff, but he liked these so much that he even ate two! He had different toppings, though. Normal burger toppings - ketchup, mustard, and tomato slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails