Sunday, June 16, 2013

Banana-Nectarine Pancakes

In my quest to use successfully use all the delicious produce we received from Bountiful Baskets, I found this intriguing recipe on Pinterest for Blueberry Banana Pancakes.

Pancakes with only 3 ingredients? No flour? No sugar? No oil? Sounds a bit crazy, but I had an over-ripe banana on my counter that really needed to be used, so I figured, why not? Of course I had no blueberries, but lots of nectarines, so I changed it up a bit. Don't I always?


Banana-Nectarine Pancakes
Yield: 3 pancakes

Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 nectarine, diced
  • cinnamon (optional)



Directions
  1. Heat skillet over medium low heat. Spray with cooking spray.
  2. Mash banana and egg together until fully mixed without any major lumps.
  3. Measure about 1/4 cup of the banana/egg mixture. Pour onto hot skillet. Top with a few pieces of nectarine; sprinkle with cinnamon.
  4. Cook each side until lightly browned.


  5. Top with maple syrup and any remaining nectarine pieces.

While these were super easy and very tasty, I'm not sure how often I would make them. I found they were very difficult to flip. The batter around the edges seemed to get really dark before the middle was ready to flip. I tried turning the heat down to medium-low, and I think that helped a lot, but they were still a little difficult to manage.

Still it was fun to experiment! Let me know if you give them a try or if you have any other tips for getting these to be a nice golden brown and making them a bit easier to flip.

Other ways to follow us:
Facebook → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens
Pinterest → Tale of Two Sisters and Their Kitchens board

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails