Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crockpot Potato Soup

I love, love, love potato soup! I always have. I remember making it once as a teenager; it was delicious. This, unfortunately, is not that recipe. I found this recipe at Recipe Shoebox. I made a few minor changes and modified it to a slow cooker.

Click here for nutritional facts.
Click here for printable version.

Ingredients:
  • 4 large potatoes
  • 5 1/2 cups water
  • 6 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 1/4 c dried, minced onions
  • 9 baby carrots, chopped
  • 3 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 T parsley
  • 1 T coarse Kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup whole wheat flour

Directions:
Peel and prep potatoes. I've made this soup with diced potatoes. Jeff has complained about the potato chunks being too big, so this time, I prepped the potatoes julienne-style using my Pro Chopper Plus that I got for my birthday last year. I love this little kitchen gadget!
Anyway, combine all but the last three ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until veggies are tender.

Stir in milk.

Prepare a roux with the butter and flour. Add a bit of the hot liquid from the soup. Stir until thick and smooth.

Add roux mixture to the crockpot, while stirring briskly.

Cook for an additional 30 - 45 minutes.

I just found this in my drafts. Seems all ready to go except for a picture of the actual soup. So my apologies, but I'll just post this now and maybe next time I make it, I'll update this post.

2 comments:

  1. This soup sounds so yummy. I think I'll try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the adjustments you made. I'll have to try it in the crockpot next time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails