We've received a lot of different types of squash in our CSA, so look forward to some yummy squash recipes coming your way. Last night, I had some yellow squash to use up, so I threw together this quick and easy recipe.
- Tri-colored gnocchi
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red pasta sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
1. Prepare gnocchi according to package directions
2. Heat oil in small skillet; sautee squash with garlic and salt/pepper.
3. Add tomatoes.
4. Add pasta sauce.
5. Pour sauce mixture over gnocchi, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy with a nice glass of Riesling.