I had some bacon to use up I think that's first! Whoever has bacon nearly go bad?, but I didn't want boring eggs and bacon for dinner tonight. Using the handy Dinner Spinner on my phone, I found this intriguing recipe. I had to make a few modifications, since I didn't have the exact ingredients.
When Jeff asked what was for dinner, I replied, "Something amazing." I'm pleased to announce that it lived up to my boastful declaration.
|Creamy Bacon Pasta|
This recipe is picky husband approved.
Hmmm...perhaps I should create some kind of badge/award for that.
Anyway, onto the recipe!
- 4 oz pasta - I used egg noodles
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup dried, minced onion OR ½ medium onion
- ½ tsp (or 1 clove) garlic, minced
- ½ of a 10-ounce tub of cream cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning I didn't actual measure this, so this is a guesstimate
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper Again, I didn't measure, so use your best judgment
Bring water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with hot water, if desired.
Meanwhile, cook cut up pieces of bacon in medium skillet until crisp. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon or tongs and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Leave about a tablespoon of bacon grease in pan.
Sautee onion and garlic in bacon grease.
Cook until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.
Serve over pasta. Top with bacon.
Like this recipe? Follow us on Facebook.