Friday, January 29, 2010

Turkey Bean Soup

You know what I both LOVE and HATE about making soup?
You can work without really having a recipe.
I love it because you can clean out your fridge/cupboards with whatever you have on hand.
I hate it because it's often difficult to duplicate a masterpiece.
I love it because it's never the same, and therefore not boring.
I hate it because it might not be as good as last time.

Good thing my husband LOVES soup, and it's difficult to screw up. :-)

Today's soup was modified from a soup I found a Recipe Shoebox.
Turkey Bean Soup
Click here for Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup dried, minced onion
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 cups black beans
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 1 can cooked turkey (or 2 cups cooked turkey)
  • 1 can crushed tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped baby carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1 dash cayenne pepper
  • 1-2 drops of Tabasco
  • Salt, to taste

Directions:
Turkey Bean Soup
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until hot and veggies are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails