Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Garden Rotini and Chickpea Salad

Yesterday, I actually sat down and planned out a week of menu ideas. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to hit the grocery store until today. Still, here is my first vegan dish. I thought it was very tasty! Jeff enjoyed it, too, but I didn't realize that he doesn't care much for pasta salads. Oh well, more for me! :-)
Garden Rotini and Chickpea Salad
Ingredients:

  • 8 oz rotini
  • 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 medium carrot, shredded
  • 1 celery rib, chopped
  • 1/2 roma tomato, diced
  • 2 radishes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • Annie's Natural Goddess dressing

Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook rotini according to package. Drain well and rinse with cool water. Transfer to a large bowl.

2.  While pasta is cooking, prep vegetables. Add all the vegetables to the cooked pasta. Drizzle with 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of dressing  and toss gently to combine.

*Recipe adapted from Garden Rotini and Chickpea Salad with Inner Goddess Dressing. Vegan on the Cheap. pg. 85.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I think I'm gonna give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails