I wanted something different for breakfast this morning. Actually, I was out of cereal and didn't feel like eggs. How about french toast? Yeah. That sounds good! Besides, I had some hamburger buns in the cupboard that were nearing the end of their lives, so this would be perfect. I hit to the Internet and found a recipe to try. I modified it ever-so-slightly and was very pleased with the result.
Fluffy French ToastYield: 2 servings (2 slices per serving)
- 1 T + 1 tsp flour
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3/8 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 thick slices bread (I used hamburger buns.)
- Measure flour into a bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Sprinkle with cinnamon, to taste. Place bread on hot pan, cinnamon side down. While cooking first side, sprinkle top with more cinnamon. Flip once bottom is golden brown, and cook second side until golden brown. Repeat for all 4 slices of bread.
- Serve hot with syrup or toppings of your choice.