Yesterday, we were invited to dinner with some friends. I offered to bring dessert. Unfortunately, I got wrapped up in a little blog clean-up and waited until the last minute to find a recipe. Fortunately, I found this recipe over at allrecipes.com.
All ingredients on hand? Check!
Easy to put together? Check!
Relatively short baking time? Check!
Easy Pineapple-Coconut Cake
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30-35 min
Yield: 1 9-inch round cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 (20oz)can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add egg and mix until well blended. Fold in the pineapple, coconut and walnuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until center springs back when lightly touched or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Spread cake with frosting, once cool.