Here's another squash recipe that I just threw together one evening for dinner. It's very simple, and was very tasty, but I did no measuring. Sorry. I did; however, take a couple process pictures.
- Pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
- Pattypan squash, cut into bite-sized chunks (I used Yellow Sunburst)
- Dried, minced onion
- Dried, minced garlic
- Red pasta sauce
- Dried basil
- Grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Sautee squash with onion and garlic in a small skillet.
3. When squash is tender, add pasta sauce, salt, pepper, and basil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Pour sauce over drained pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
This was a tasty dinner for one that I would definitely make again.