Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pattypan Squash with Pasta and Red Sauce

Here's another squash recipe that I just threw together one evening for dinner. It's very simple, and was very tasty, but I did no measuring. Sorry. I did; however, take a couple process pictures.

Ingredients:
  • Pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
  • Pattypan squash, cut into bite-sized chunks (I used Yellow Sunburst)
  • Dried, minced onion
  • Dried, minced garlic
  • Red pasta sauce
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Dried basil
  • Grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook pasta according to package instructions.

2. Sautee squash with onion and garlic in a small skillet.
3. When squash is tender, add pasta sauce, salt, pepper, and basil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Pour sauce over drained pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Pattypan Squash with Pasta and Red Sauce
This was a tasty dinner for one that I would definitely make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails