|Peppery Squash Soup|
- 1 med Delicata squash
- 1 med Acorn squash
- 2 T Olive oil, separated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sm onion, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese - this is the only ingredient I actually measured
- 4 tsp bouillon - I used a vegetable based, but chicken based would probably also be good
- 4 cups water
- 1 T Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Cut squash in half. Brush with 1T oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook until fork tender (roast, boil, microwave, whatevs). I'm lazy and impatient, so I chose the microwave method. Mash cooked squash with a fork.
2. In large pot, heat oil. Sautee garlic and onion. Add cream cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is completely melted. Add cooked squash to the big pot. Add the bouillon and water. Season with Mrs. Dash and cayenne pepper. Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
3. Blend soup in a blender, using an immersion blender, or in a food processor. I don't have any of those, but I do have a Magic Bullet. I used all 6 blender cups to get all the soup blended. Return to pot and simmer until hot again (or longer to let the flavors continue to meld).
|Peppery Squash Soup with Cheez-Its®|
Especially delicious served with Cheez-It® or Goldfish® brand crackers.