Sunday, October 23, 2011

Potato Salad

My sister (not the co-auther of this blog, another sister) is generally the potato salad maker, but I had a lot of potatoes to use up, so I figured a potato salad would be perfect. I searched online and found this recipe, which I have modified into a tasty version of my own. Jeff, who normally doesn't care much for potato salad, surprised me by not only liking this concoction but also having multiple servings. Now that's what I call success!
Potato Salad
Yields 6 servings.

Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ pounds potatoes, peeled
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • ¼ cup salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip®)
  • 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp milk
  • 1 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp dried, minced onion
  • 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ½ cup sliced celery
  • Paprika, to taste

Directions:
1. Place potatoes into a large pot of salted water; bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl.

2. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 12 to 14 minutes. Drain water and immediately add cold water and/or ice. Peel and dice.

3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, salad dressing, dijon mustard, milk, vinegar, onions, Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and mix together with the eggs and celery. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.

Potato Salad

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, this post has attracted a lot of spam comments, so I am no longer allowing comments for this post. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any comments that pertain to this post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails